Friday, 12 June 2009

A Visit to the Hospital

Thankfully shortly after my last post yesterday, the baby started kicking so I presumed this was a good sign.

However, as I woke up this morning with yet more bleeding and another bought of no movement from the baby all morning, I went to the hospital where I was checked over by the Day Assessment Ward and I am relived to type that the baby is ok!

Tests have shown that I have blood in my urine which isn’t a surprise, that my blood pressure is normal and that my belly is apparently a nice size. After a few moments of trying to find it the baby's heartbeat was heard. It even kicked me for the first time today while the Doppler was listening to its heartbeat. :)

I was also given an internal using one of those smear contraption things and boy did that hurt! The MW said that my cervix is welded together and she took a swab to check for any infection etc, although my urine didn’t show any trace of one.

They couldn’t however give an explanation for the bleeding nor did they give me a scan.

I told her about the pain I have been getting on my right hand side but she seemed ok with it and I have been told to rest, not carry anything heavy and if the bleeding worsens then I have to come back straight away.

On a sad note, the lady in the cubical next to me was crying after she was told that her blood pressure was dangerously high and the babies heartbeat low which meant that she would have to be transferred to the ward for an over night stay.

As much as pregnancy is considered a normal every day occurrence and is something which has been happening since the beginning of time; it still goes to show that each pregnancy is a miracle and that it should not be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment