So much for bed rest, I really should have stayed in hospital.
I went to the hospital today to have the first blood test since being discharged on Saturday. All went well in that department and I should hear the results later on in the week. The baby’s heartbeat was checked, as well as my blood pressure and temperature, all of which are ok.
I took a trip up to the Antenatal Unit to collect my medication which I was supposed to have collected on Sunday, after being told to do so when being discharged on Saturday.
Having driven up there Sunday, it turned out the midwife had left my prescription in my book and therefore they had to give me enough medication to cover me until today. Today, it turns out the prescription STILL hasn’t been sent down to the pharmacy!
Telling them that I had run out of one of my medications and that I couldn’t leave without it, they called down to the pharmacy who advised that they would have it ready for tomorrow. Im suppose to be on bed rest I advised ... One of the Midwives told me to take my prescription to my doctors to get them to transfer it into a NHS prescription and then I’d have to take it to the chemist.
So, having left the hospital and now on my way home, I called the doctors and explained the situation. They however advised that unless I fax over the request then it would take the standard two days to process. I repeated my history but nothing would make them budge.
So now, I am on my way back out to my local chemist who I have called and who have thankfully agreed over the phone for me to take the hospital prescription to them and they will happily change it for me but will charge me as it’s classed as a private prescription.
Why does even the most stupid simplest things still cause us a challenge?! WTF did I do wrong in a previous life to have such a sh*t current one?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment