It's funny how life turns out and who/what becomes relevant in your life and who/what doesn’t.
I’ve just had a call from a school friend to tell me that a 'boy' who was in our class at school has just died from Meningitis.
I haven’t seen him since school so we were not close but I do know that he had two young children.
Despite the fact that we weren’t close it’s still sad and a shock to think that he has died so young and from something which - may it be ignorance on my part - I presumed only children caught.
As what usually happens when someone you know dies, it makes you think about your life and what would happen to your friends and family should something happen to you or how you would feel if something happened to them.
It’s just another sad reminder that not everyone will die as a pensioner surrounded by their Grandchildren, lying in their own bed while reminiscing about their long fulfilled life.
Life is for living and no matter how crap it seems right now, it’s not as bad as what friends, family and strangers may currently be feeling.
As the old saying goes; take every day as it comes because it may soon be your last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment