Thursday, 21 May 2009

16 weeks {159 days to go}

Dear Bobby,

We've made it to and past the four month mark; I can’t believe it! :)

Considering the bleeding in the first few weeks and the trouble your Dad and I had to conceive you, it’s amazing to be a third of the way in.

There isn’t a lot to report in this post. I'm still unemployed and I have unfortunately signed myself onto the Governments payroll. I’m applying for jobs daily but it’s not looking that likely that I will be employed by the time you arrive.

I met up with some friends a couple of nights back, one of those friends is pregnant also but her baby is nine weeks older in gestation then you and she already knows the sex of her baby - it’s a girl. :) We find out your sex in three weeks time and I cannot tell you how excited I am about seeing you again on the monitor. Between you and me I have a very strong feeling that you are a boy but if Im wrong I do not care, I just hope you are healthy and happy.

Your Dad has started to get a little more excited these past couple of weeks. He's not the best for showing his emotions but he now touches my belly without me asking him too and he even now listens to me when I give him the weekly progress report on what you should be doing this week lol. He's even brought you a camouflage waterproof jacket and trousers for when you’re old enough to go fishing with him. Aren't you lucky. Lol :)

I think I have felt little movements from you these past couple of weeks but I cannot be sure. I hope they are. This morning and a couple of mornings ago, I’ve woken with you laying on one side of my belly ... Now that is strange. Its rock hard the side you are laying on but its soft the side you are not. :) Unfortunately you seem to move back to the middle when I get up but it’s lovely to see and feel you there.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with my best friend and her Daughter. We are going to go to the cinema, I haven't been to the cinema for a couple of years and between you and me, I don't really like films but it will be nice to meet up with them both and to get out of the house. We haven’t seen as much of each other since I fell pregnant but that’s only natural I guess.

We had a touch earlier this week. A girlfriend of your Dad's friend, gave us a black bin liner full of baby clothes. 60% of them have never been worn and funny enough 20% of them are boy’s clothes. They are so cute, I’ve washed them all and they look very strange hanging up in the wardrobe. I can’t wait to see you in them. Talking of which both of your Nan’s have been busy buying knitting patterns. It’s a good job you will be born in winter as I have a feeling you will be wearing wool for the first few months of your life if your Nan's have anything to do with it. Aren’t you a lucky little sheep?! :)

Love Mummy xox

No comments:

Post a Comment