Dear Bobby,
I have just logged on to see how big you now are since my last visit and I can’t believe how 'human' you look.
Here's another 'little' update for you;
• We had the scan on the 31st March. It was a strange morning to say the least. I turned up late at the EPU as I knew that I would have to wait around for four hours otherwise, so I turned up at the last minute which worked out quite well because I was then the last to be seen and I only had to wait about two hours.
The scan was lovely. I was alone for this scan; I wanted to be alone because of the amount of bleeding which has been taking place and if it turned out that you were gone I wanted to have a few moments to myself to get my head around it before going home. You were ok though and you looked strangely alien like lol. Whereas before your heart beat showed up in an instant, this time because you are bigger it didn't which made me panic for a split second but it appeared once the nurse zoomed in on you.
I didn't manage to steal your scan photos as I wanted to because they were not in my hospital notes! :( I need to ask them where they are during my next scan, as I have started a scrapbook of our pregnancy of which I would like to put them in.
The nurse spotted a blood clot which appears to be the reason for the bleed. It is nowhere near you thankfully so I was advised that it would not affect you in any way. Since that day, I have not had a single bleed.
• I told work that I was pregnant the day after the scan, only because I could no longer come up with an excuse to take a day off. Yes I hate work but I have no choice but to stick it out until maternity leave. I'm dreading the thought of coming back here but that's a bridge we will have to cross when the time comes.
• I had my first midwife appointment last Thursday 16th April. I was stupidly excited until I got there because it was actually quite boring. Your Dad came too but there wasn't really any need for him to. They want to do a diabetes test at twenty eight weeks because your Granddad and Great Granddad both have it. The midwife also weighed me and I have already put on a stone!!! You are going to make me so fat by the time you are ready to come out lol. :)
• Talking of your Great Granddad. He fell over, over the Easter Holidays and broke his hip so he is now in the hospital. It was a friend’s birthday last weekend from back home and afterwards I went to visit Granddad at the hospital. Mum and Dad were there also so it was nice to see them too. You’re Uncle and his girlfriend came down to stay at ours for the weekend as they had tickets for a concert that Saturday. It’s always nice to see your Uncle as due to the distance in miles where we both live from each other, we don’t get to see each other that often and I admit to crying a bit when he left. At least I can blame it on the hormones. :)
I am so excited about next Friday as it’s the twelve week scan!!! This scan will tell us for sure how old you really are and when you are due. I'm so looking forward to it and I can’t wait to see you again. It’s been three weeks since the last time we saw you and I'm also looking forward to seeing how much you have grown. However at the same time I admit that I am a little bit scared in case you are not ok. Positive thoughts needed all week!!!
I will come back and let you know how Friday went. Until then, please be well but please stop making me so tired that I can’t get up for work on time, I got another telling off today.
Love Mummy xox




No comments:
Post a Comment