Unlike last year I dont feel sad that today is Mothers Day, I feel angry.
Angry not because my Son is not here to buy me a teddy or a card or a bunch of flowers or chocolates. I feel angry because society does not class me as a Mother.
I felt my Son kick, I felt a love for him from the moment the lines showed on the test, I went through 16 hours of labour and I watched as he was put into the ground.
I made sure my own Mum and MIL felt loved today and it worked, they do and yet has anyone thought to maybe do the same to me, of course not, why would they, to them because I do not have a child here on Earth who keeps me up at night, I am not a Mother.
I expect that as soon as another baby comes along I will be showered with love by chocolates, cards, teddies, maybe breakfast in bed. Be wished a 'Happy Mothers Day' on my social networking site walls as have my other friends had this year. It is not my fault my Son died and it is not my fault I have not yet been blessed with a second child.
Last year was different. I was acknowledged as being a Mother. This year it appears I have been forgotten. That is why I feel anger today. I feel anger towards those who say they care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



so sorry..... i too went 2 mother's days without being acknowledged after my first loss...
ReplyDeletei know this probably doesn't mean a whole lot coming from someone you don't even know, but...
happy mother's day.... :)
you are a wonderful mother.
I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Powerful Woman Writer Award, Beautiful Mommy Writer Award, and Inspiring Award.
ReplyDeleteGo to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra
I am so sorry. That is all I can say.
ReplyDelete