Friday, 31 December 2010

Looking Towards 2011

In the New Years Eve post of 2009 I reflected on the bad things which had happened that year; namely Bobby dying.

For 2010's New Years Eve post I have chosen instead to write about what is planned for 2011, about what 'good' I have planned for this new year and hopefully in doing so, it really will feel like a brand new year and not just an extension of the old one.

January is the month I have high hopes for. I am having my tonsils out on the 11th and so I have two weeks off work. I can not explain how much I am looking forward to having those two weeks off. I plan on spending some of this time finally finishing all of the little projects I started last year and having a proper spring clean of this flat. I have my hopes rested on by having my tonsils out it will get rid of this constant sore throat and head cold that I have had since May.

Once the recovery process is over, I am going on a diet, I am going to start going to the gym. I plan on losing the 2 stones I have put on since Bobby's pregnancy and death. If I can get back down to a size 12/14 I will be a very very happy woman.

In February I will have my first ever driving lesson. Scared shitless does not fully describe how I feel about getting behind the wheel of a big scary machine.

This month also sees both of my parents birthdays and two separate meetings with friends. One an afternoon lunch with a group of ladies I have been friends with since moving down to London 10 years ago and the other, is a girly weekend away staying with a very good Angel Mummy friend and her little girl; the same AM who came to stay here in November.

March brings another meet with a fellow Angel Mum but one whom I have yet to meet in 'real life'. Like many of the other Angel Mum's I am happy to call my friend despite never meeting, we met online via a support network. Unfortunately because we live on either end of the country, it has meant that we have had to wait until this time to arrange a proper get together. I think it will be a nice day. She is someone I have been waiting to meet in person for a long time.

It is also the month where the charity I am a part of gets to hold its own stall at a certain huge craft fair. Fingers crossed the weekend allows them to spread their word and that it works wonders for them.

April; the MILs' birthday and although I feel as though I am repeating myself, it brings yet another meet but this time with my Cousins and my Brother all of whom live up North and who are coming down here to London for the day.

May sees yet another meet, this time with old school friends back home. Friends who have been there before and since Bobby. My really old, really good friends.

It is also our parents 30th wedding anniversary during May and my second Race for Life run.

June brings my Brothers 26th birthday. Bless him.

July is the month of birthdays. It holds a very close AM's little boys 2nd birthday and her Rainbow Daughters 1st birthday. It is Bobby's 2nd birthday and my 30th. Due to his birthday being six days before mine and the fact that I am far from looking forward to turning 30, I am planning on taking two weeks off work and for the OH and I to go away somewhere. We haven't had a proper holiday since 2004 so we are well overdue to say the least. This is if I pass my probation at work which I will find out during this month.

August holds a friends little girls 2nd birthday.

September my Brother and I are running a half marathon in London and I plan to raise money for Lisa's Stars.

October ... who knows. I don't but hopefully it will bring something good. 

November is what would have been Bobby's 2nd proper birthday but I am not sure how I will feel on that day so I can not yet say what I will be doing on that day if anything at all.

December. Who knows what it will bring. I just hope whatever does happen, it will see us going into yet another new year feeling good about the one we will be leaving behind.

3 comments:

  1. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Hi, Alice! I found you thru BlogFrog. I actually love your blog--you and I have a lot in common. Although our stories of suffering are different, we both have had our world turned upside down, both have suffered from depression, and both blog about our struggles. Im so pleased to follow along. I truly hope you have a good week to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carrie. Im sorry we have to have something like this in common but its good to know that its not such a lonely journey as we first think it is. I hope you have a good start as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's beautiful that you chose to look at the positives of this coming year. I hope your 2011 is amazingly beautiful and full of love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete