Saturday, 19 February 2011

Lisas Stars Charity

I have already dedicated a page on this blog to this charity but I thought Id do a blog post about it as well; maybe turn it into a once a month update on how the charity is going.

Well as far as Lisa Stars's stands, the first delivery has been made!

The first delivery was made last Saturday by Lisa, her husband and their two living girls to the hospital where she gave birth to and lost their four Angels Olivia, Phoebe, Joseph and Nate who sadly fell asleep between 2006 and 2010 between gestations 17 to 28.

As lovely as this photo is because it is proof that there are extremely loving and generous people out there, it is also quite sad to knwo that every single one of those items shown will be, at some time in the future be used by Angel Parents on their newly lost baby/s.

As one of the representatives of Lisas Star's I have been asked to collect items and deliver them to local hospitals within my desigated postal area, who have agreed to accept these items.

At this moment in time I am in talks with the hospital Bobby was born at and I pray they agree because although Bobby was wrapped in a blanket, it would have been nice to have been able to have his little head covered or even just to be given the option to chose an outfit for him instead of having the hospital dress him in a silly looking dress type thing. It would also feel as though I was giving something back to the hospital and to help fellow parents who will be walking in the same shoes that the OH and myself found ourselves in 19 months ago.

I am also *fingers crossed* going to attend a local SANDS meeting at the begining of March to spread the word and to hopefully get some more knitters on board. 

I have so far received two packages.

The items pictured to the left I received from a lady at work. It includes 15 hats, 6 bonnets and 4 blankets
The items pictured on the right were knitted by my Mum, which I picked up today. It includes 11 blankets and 6 hats.

If you or anyone you know would like to knit for Lisas Stars or donate wool for the knitters to use, please email me at lucyatlisasstars@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment