Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Old Birth Board Charity Cook Book

I have just had a nose at my old Birth Board to catch up as I sometimes do, and I have come across this post from one of the Admins.

A few of the ladies on the board put together a Baby Centre Cook Book with all proceeds going to a few baby charities. Gratefully I have been given one as a keepsake and it sits in Bobby's Memory Box.

I can not believe how much these ladies; many of whom I have never met in real life have done for myself and the other ladies who lost their little ones on that board. They truly are a lovely bunch of women.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've placed the final order for recipe books and the totals are in (I haven’t posted them obviously but I’ve posted enough to know what the postage will cost)

We have sold 136 books (that includes the ones we gave to Lucy, Lauren and Lisa for their memory boxes) and we have raised:

A WHOOPING
£480.55

I'll make that up to £482 just to make it simpler for splitting.

So each of our charities Tommy's and Bliss will receive £242 in memory of our Angel Babies.

Can I say a HUGE thank you to everyone who contributed recipes and to everyone who bought a copy of this very very special book.

I hope you all have as much fun cooking the recipes as I’m having and when you sit down for a meal take a second to remember the much loved babies we lost.

WELL DONE EVERYONE!

Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment