This is a few weeks overdue so I apologise to Sydney over at Letters to Claire who has given me a Stylish Blog Award!
Its my first ever blog award since starting blogging back in *whispers* 2004, so thank you so much Sydney. Please go show Sydney and her Angel Claire some love.
Here are the rules:
Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
Share 10 things about yourself.
Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Things About Me
1. I am a Cancerian and I can honestly say that every trait a Cancerian is supposed have; I do. I’m a home body, I love my family and friends, I am very very sensitive, I am a worrier and I am extremely creative. Unfortunately I can also be quite a jealous person; something which I have thankfully learnt to control over the years and like an elephant, I never ever forget and I can hold a grudge for as long as needs be. I am a nice person though honest.
2. I moved to London from my home town in January 2000 after meeting my OH at work; he was born in London. I was 17 and he was 27 at the time and as you can imagine this didn’t go down too well with my parents but thankfully after nearly 13 years together, I think we have proved them wrong.
3. I can not drive but I am very worryingly starting driving lessons next month; once I have sent off for my provisional and brought a pair of glasses that is because I am very badly short-sighted.
4. I can not swim. I nearly drowned twice while having swimming lessons at school and I think that is why because ever since then I have had a very bad fear of the water. I did take swimming lessons 4 years ago with a friend who also couldn’t swim but I just could not overcome that fear and so I gave up. My friend however went on to learn. This subject has always been somewhat of a bug bear between the OH and I because he loves the water and just can not understand how I can have a fear of water which usually starts an argument.
5. I do not and never have held a passport. Yes this means that I have never been out of the UK but does this bother me? No not at all actually. You don’t need to be out of our own country to feel on holiday; its all about what you make it.
6. I have a birthmark right between my eyebrows. In my baby photos it is very prominent but as the years have gone by it has faded and with makeup you can not see it. However when I get very hot or angry it appears like a little red self destruct button
7. My Mums side is Romany Gypsy. Unfortunately it was my Brother who inherited the olive skin, black hair and deep dark brown eyes while I have been left with pale skin which hates the sun, curly light brown hair and green eyes which makes people ask if I am Irish which I find quite funny considering when you think of Gypsy you think of the Irish community of travellers who still exist today.
8. I used to be a very sporty person until the teenage years came along and I swapped sport for another activity starting with ‘s’; the sofa. At 16 I used to play hockey for my home town as the goalie and I can proudly state that I never once let a single ball in.
9. The OH and I have climbed Ben Nevis in Scotland twice. It took 8 hours to get up there and another 4 hours to get down. I admit to crying half way up but once you are there on the top it is the most wonderful feeling of self pride imaginable. What isn’t so fun though is when its dark and you get lost on the way down.
10. I have to add this simply because for some strange reason people seem to find it so fascinating that they constantly make comments about it. I have size 3 feet. They used to be a size 4 and I’ve noticed that the past few months I’ve found it hard to find a pair of 3’s which fit correctly so who knows; this time next year they may well be a size 2. My feet seem to shrink as my arse and belly grows … if only I could work out how to make it the other way around …
And the Awards Go To:
I sadly admit to posting and running in the past; i.e. I post on my blog and do not take a moment each day to read others, however this past week I have been making an effort by putting Google Reader to good use during my lunch break and through GR have come across some fabulous blogs of all genres who have reminded me that there is a whole community out there:
1. Letters to Claire and no this isn't because she gave me the award.
Claire has a habit of writing posts which make me sit there and think 'yes that's what I think too', 'yes that's happened to me too' she has a knack of writing what I think and feel and by doing so, it makes her blog so easy to relate to. Her husband also contributes to the blog; something of which I have never seen before and something which I think is a brilliant idea because men do get forgotten despite the fact that our Angels have two parents not just us Mummies.
2. Lily's Mommy Forever As time goes on, I find it more difficult to relate to the 'new' Angel Mum blogs. Mainly because I have forgotten the initial raw pain in those first few months after Bobby died; thankfully. Because Jen is a year ahead, her blog is like reading into the future of what is yet to come in regards to emotions and life itself, which is very refreshing. Jen was also the first remembrance photo I received for Bobby of which I will forever be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment